A fantastic sequence of teambuilding activities – any place, anytime, anywhere.Our Team Expedition program is an engaging series of team building initiatives – in a format you have never seen before! Teams follow the Experiential Learning Cycle as they experience unique problem-solving challenges, reflect on the team process and develop and test new theories of performance. The program design and facilitation ranges from light discussion to in-depth knowledge transfer to personal and professional lives. Each event is customized according to the focus of your organization and specific desired outcomes.
Better Faster Cheaper ModelConsider this team building framework If you are seeking to highlight the importance of critical team elements such as: Information sharing, effective communication, problem solving, decision making, improving team effectiveness and efficiency, reducing cycle time, improving strategy, networking and interacting with team members and collaborating as an organization. This program involves utilizing specific team metrics and tracking to highlight very specific examples of team performance improvement.
- Step 1: Teams participate and compete against, yet collaborate with, other teams to complete a series of team initiatives. Team performance is tracked throughout the entire program. There are many, many challenges to choose from! The essential ingredient is that the problem facing a team seems difficult, even impossible, at first and requires the entire group participating to be successful. Certain strategies and team processes allow for both increased effectiveness (task completion) and efficiency (time or resources to complete the task.) IE: How can you retrieve an object in the center of a 25 foot circle without touching the ground in 20 minutes or less? Check out our blog posting that explains a team building experiential initiative here: What is a team building experiential initiative?
- Step 2: Teams get together with other teams at the “information/collaboration station” where they network, interact, and share strategies for the various challenges. Specific guidelines are provided by GDI staff.
- Step 3: Teams implement continuous improvement strategies they learn from others to improve performance. GDI facilitators insert teammodels, methods and tools which provide a mechanism for improving the team performance.
- Step 4: Specific GDI metrick tracking involves dynamic facilitation and review of the progression of HOW teams, divisions and an organizations become BETTER, FASTER and CHEAPER.
- Step 5: Teams debrief and share highlights and insights that transfer lessons learned to the workplace. Celebrate success!
Where do Team Expedition events take place?
This event takes place outdoors at a location near your venue, or indoor at your conference center of choice. This program can be delivered for any group size!