The Ultimate ‘Cuse Challenge
The The Ultimate ‘Cuse Challenge
Explore Syracuse in this Amazing Race Team Building Event
Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Register before June 1st: $100 per person After June 1st: $150 per person
(Teams of 4-6 required; Multiple Business Teams Possible)
- Develop Leadership and Teamwork
- Practice team problem solving
- Get to know your teammates
- Facilitate Effective Communication
- Build and Strengthen Company Culture
- Think Differently
- Stimulate Creativity
- Navigate Uncertainty
- Expand Your Comfort Zone
- Celebrate and Have Fun Together
“We have an amazing city you are going to explore. You are going to need to have leadership, to work together and… for sure you are going to have fun!”
– Ben Walsh, Syracuse Mayor
In small teams, participants use the app to locate and complete a variety of checkpoints along with “on the go” challenges completed anywhere on the course. Teams may travel via foot, bike or vehicle.
Ultimate ‘Cuse Game Elements
- Live Hosted Stations with GDI Staff
- Videos & Photos
- Sticker Photos & Trivia Questions
- Riddles & Puzzles
- Mystery Challenges
- Locks / Timers / Awards
2019 Event Beneficiary: Hillside
This event benefits Hillside, a non-profit organization that provides child welfare, mental and physical health, youth development, juvenile justice, special education and developmental disabilities services across central and western New York
Private and customized events are also available on various dates and times – please inquire for details
Please contact Brenda Moore for more information by calling 315-498-8732 or emailing brendamoore@ granddynamics.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- Click the registration link and follow the instructions on the eventbrite registration page
- You will need one team leader to create your team, then add participants to your team (up to 6 per team)
How many people can play the game?
- Recommend between 4 and 6 people per team
- Each team requires separate registration and a team name, a business may have multiple teams
- Each team uses ONE PHONE ONLY for event submissions
Do teams need to stay together?
- YES! Your team will stay together. If you want to go separate ways, form a different team!
How long is the Ultimate ‘Cuse Challenge Event?
- The event takes place between 1 PM and 5 PM
- 3 hours of on-course time to complete as many checkpoints as you can!
- 30 minutes of opening instructions and 30 minutes of closing for about 4 hours total
- The Ultimate ‘Cuse Challenge will feature a downtown course approximately 5 square miles
What do I need to bring to participate?
- One fully charged smartphone – I-Phone (Preferred) or Android per team.
- Bring a backup charger for your phone
- A positive attitude and your creative genius!
How do I travel the course?
- Travel on foot, bike or public or private transportation – you choose.
- Just obey all traffic laws and all city regulations
How do I know where to go?
- The Ultimate ‘Cuse Challenge will begin at Inner Harbor Amphitheater, Syracuse NY
- Day of Registration and check-in begins at 12:00 pm
- Once you sign into the game app (on event day) you will receive instructions
- Our integrated course map and list of challenges will give you “enough” information to find all the location-specific challenge checkpoints
- You decide on the checkpoints you want to go to and in what sequence
What if I can’t make it to the Ultimate ‘Cuse Challenge?
- Contact us to schedule a private event for your team or group